3

Explosion by José Ramos

https://drscdn.500px.org/photo/1023481976/q%3D50_h%3D450/v2?sig=6441d87b328b64f5723b6b30505d79be8a475f5bd1c4c0786cbd7b1c617b9bfc

Explosion by José Ramos


Check my latest works on Instagram/Facebook @joseramosphotography (click on "View More" for photo description) . . I have visited Iceland many times, but what happened during the night of the 22nd September 2018 was totally beyond words. In every Iceland trip I usually accumulate hundreds of kilometers made during the night, trying to find the elusive Northern Lights in the sky, and most of the attempts are fruitless. This one wasn´t, and the gift for persistence after 200km was the most incredible display of Northern Lights I´ve ever seen. This was the first time where the show was so incredibly intense that I almost forgot to keep shooting, replacing the shutter pressing with screams of awe. The absolute peak of the lights only lasted for something like 15-20 seconds, and it was almost impossible to capture it in the camera, as not even a short exposure of 2 seconds at ISO200 could properly expose it, creating over-exposed images. This is how intense they were... During the peak burst, the usual strong green suddenly morphed into a paler but more intense green, with very strong purple overtones and almost pure white areas, frantically dancing and filling a big portion of the sky. I cannot say I was speechless because I screamed a lot! Sony a7R + Venus Laowa 12mm f2.8


José Ramos: Photos